Seven Senders is the leading delivery platform to ship parcels. The company connects shippers with its carrier network of over 100 carriers in Europe, enabling them to use excellent local shipping as a competitive advantage. With additional delivery services such as Claims Center, Insurance, Return Portal and Labels, Seven Senders makes international shipping a simple matter. Automated shipping notifications, tracking and monitoring solutions ensure a transparent shipping process. Monthly reports and analyses enable data-based optimization of international shipping performance. Shippers receive everything from a single source and reduce complexity.
Seven Senders and COVID-19
The logistics industry is experiencing a strong growth due to the global pandemic. From this, Seven Senders also benefit. Our success is due to our increasing customer base and the expansion of our target markets. We are pleased to inform you that we are able to offer you a long term secure and stable employment.
In order to be able to guarantee you the greatest possible protection during your application process, we digitally map out our entire recruiting and onboarding process. Accordingly, we also support mobile working in times of the ongoing corona pandemic.
The successful cooperation with different last mile logistics partners (CEP-service providers) in foreign countries within Europe provides the basis for our business. We offer our clients a choice of high quality and individually suitable carriers in the “last mile” to the customers. Our logistics team consists of two divisions, operational and commercial. As Purchase Manager you are responsible for the commercial area and for the contracts with our partners.
This includes the following aspects:
- Together with the regional parcel logistic teams you define our strategic positioning in the relevant destination countries by creating and maintaining a commercially attractive and diverse offer
- You will build up market knowledge by regular benchmarking
- You are accountable for contract negotiations with new and existing parcel carriers
- The initiation, the design and the execution of tenders will be part of your responsibilities
- You will analyze carrier offers including the impact of surcharges
- You will ensure a price structure producing financial benefit from growing volumes
- An up-to-date carrier tariff database is the basis for customer profitability studies. You will contribute towards its structural evolution and ensure that its data is up-to-date
- You are a professional and competent day-by-day point of contact for parcel logistics operations and supply chain management
- You will report directly to the VP Parcel Logistics
- You have a university degree in business, economics, logistics or a comparable field of study
- You already have some work experience in the area of purchasing or customer pricing
- You have already gained initial experience in/with the (parcel) transport industry
- Strong negotiation and confident communication skills proven in an international work environment
- Analytical thinking, quick comprehension and ability for abstract thinking
- You work independently and enjoy taking responsibility
- You are routinely working with databases and MS Excel
- Your English are near native level (written and spoken)
- German and another European language would be preferable as well
Seven Senders Insights
We are a fast growing and well established company and now, after six years on the market, we’ve expanded from being a Start-up to a global (player) and grown up company. Remaining a true start-up at heart - we are creative, dynamic, innovative and agile. What sets us apart is that we are at the forefront of latest trends, promoting continuous improvement and learning while our processes are optimized and occur automatically. We believe in international logistics. With employees from over 30 different nations, this is part of our DNA. Accordingly, our corporate language is English.
What We Offer to You
- A stable workplace in an established and fast growing market
- An unlimited/permanent employment contract in Germany
- Flexible working hours
- Alternative working models including part-time options
- Subsidy for company pension scheme (BAV)
- Full access to the 7S Academy portfolio with a wide range of trainings for all our employees
- (Development Budget for Seniors)
- Relocation support to Germany
- Language courses (German & English)
- A modern, digital workplace
- Access to "Corporate Benefits"
- Referral bonus program “Employees refer employees”
- Centrally located office (in the heart of Berlin)
- Large selection of free drinks and snacks
- Time out for (remote) team events (e.g. table tennis)