Seven Senders is the leading delivery platform to ship parcels. The company connects shippers with its carrier network of over 100 carriers in Europe, enabling them to use excellent local shipping as a competitive advantage. With additional delivery services such as Claims Center, Insurance, Returns Portal, and Labels, Seven Senders makes international shipping a simple matter. Automated shipping notifications, tracking, and monitoring solutions ensure a transparent shipping process. Monthly reports and analyses enable data-based optimization of international shipping performance. Shippers receive everything from a single source and reduce complexity.
Our growing cross-functional tech team consists of software engineers, infrastructure and QA specialists as well as product managers and other disciplines. They all take complete ownership of key products and platform components.
As a Software Engineer in the team, you will implement new key features as well as maintain existing ones together with your peers and deliver initiatives agreed in the quarterly planning. You will have ample opportunities to grow within the team and its exciting products.
You will be part of the engineering team of 4 engineers.
The team is responsible for building the transport management system - the core part of our platform, including contracting, pricing, and partner interaction services both backend and frontend.
The tech stack includes:
PHP 7-8, MySQL, Symfony 4-5, API Platform, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, Docker, Kafka
- Several (3+) years of professional experience with PHP incl. Symfony and MySQL
- Solid grasp of OO concepts and design patterns
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Passion for perfection in software development
- Proficiency in writing tests (unit, integration)
- Deep knowledge of Git
Nice to Have:
- Strong focus on backend but willingness to learn and help out on frontend and infrastructure if needed
- Experience in Amazon Web Services
- Hands-on experience in any other web programming language/framework (Python, Java etc.)
- Experience in JS/TS, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap
- Knowledge of React & Redux or Angular 2+ would be a big plus
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Deliver (code) pragmatic solutions to meet product goals
- Participate in technical designs
- Identify and implement solutions with a strong focus on robust operations
- Take ownership - also in production (you build it you run it)
- Ensure code quality and actively participate in code reviews
- Learn continuously and raise your level
- Get into new technologies and solutions fast, whatever is needed to do the job
Why Seven Senders?
- Your work will drive the further growth of Seven Senders as Europe’s leading delivery platform
- The highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- Rapidly growing, multi-national team with long-term prospects
- Personal development and conferences budget
- Free in-house Academy for your professional development
- Flexible working hours
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker and rooftop terrace)
- Relocation support to Germany
- The latest Hardware and OS
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas, and great team events