Seven Senders is the leading delivery platform to ship parcels. The company connects shippers with its carrier network of over 100 carriers in Europe, enabling them to use excellent local shipping as a competitive advantage. With additional delivery services such as Claims Center, Insurance, Return Portal, and Labels, Seven Senders makes international shipping a simple matter. Automated shipping notifications, tracking, and monitoring solutions ensure a transparent shipping process. Monthly reports and analyses enable data-based optimization of international shipping performance. Shippers receive everything from a single source and reduce complexity.
Our product and engineering departments are organized into several cross-functional teams centered around our key business areas. This ranges from delivering transport management, contracting, virtual carrier network, and partner interaction solutions among others to frontend heavy-SaaS products for e-commerce merchants and advanced analytics solutions.
Our core tech stack includes React, Node.JS, PHP, Java, Spring, MySQL, MongoDB, AWS, Docker.
For testing automation, we use Jenkins, Selenium, Groovy, TestNG, RestAssured, Gatling.
As a Senior QA engineer in the team, you will prepare and execute test plans against new features in our products as well as to conduct manual and automated regression tests. This involves testing complex backend and data logic as well as React-based single-page front-end applications and testing web and mobile views.
You will both work closely co-located with the individual teams and with your fellow QA engineers.
- At least 5 years experience in Software Testing
- Experience analyzing and testing complex engineering software
- Display a sound understanding of software development life cycle
- Experience in performing end-to-end application testing: requirement validation, functional, integration, regression, and user acceptance testing and defect management.
- Understanding and working experience of any programming language (preferably Java)
- Experience in writing tests with Selenium web driver and Rest assured API framework. Good exposure in API testing (hands-on with tools like Postman/REST Assured).
- Familiarity with JIRA, confluence, SQL is required.
- Experience in working in an Agile Scrum model.
- Good communication skills, spoken and written English
- Knowledge of best practices regarding test automation and manual testing
- Experience in git, bitbucket
Optional, but appreciated
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS
- Experience in load & performance testing
- Experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with AWS, REST services, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Work closely with developers and PMs on product delivery for the highest quality
- Prepare and execute manual and automated test plans against our products
- Maintain and extend our manual test cases base
- Document tests and report
- Extend our test automation framework for all parts of our products
- Continuously improve our testing approach and infrastructure
- Take part in the development of test strategies
- Mentor juniors and mid-level engineers
Benefits of working at Seven Senders
- A great learning journey for you from an experienced team
- You can shape the success of Europe’s leading delivery platform
- A great product and a highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- A rapidly growing, multi-national team with long-term prospects
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker and rooftop terrace)
- Personal development and conferences budget
- In-house language courses for English and German
- Free inhouse Academy for your professional development
- Relocation support to Germany
- Free choice of hardware and OS
- Flexible working hours
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas