Seven Senders is the leading delivery platform to ship parcels. The company connects shippers with its carrier network of over 100 carriers in Europe, enabling them to use excellent local shipping as a competitive advantage. With additional delivery services such as Claims Center, Insurance, Return Portal and Labels, Seven Senders makes international shipping a simple matter. Automated shipping notifications, tracking and monitoring solutions ensure a transparent shipping process. Monthly reports and analyses enable data-based optimization of international shipping performance. Shippers receive everything from a single source and reduce complexity.
Are you bored with supporting servers of the next random E-Commerce startup? Are you tired of taking on another Infrastructure/DevOps work? Instead, do you want to work on something fresh and new? Come and work with us.
At Seven Senders you will implement your own ideas and shape the cloud infrastructure, architecture, and deployment of our products.
Seven Senders and COVID-19
The logistics industry is experiencing a strong growth due to the global pandemic. From this, Seven Senders also benefit. Our success is due to our increasing customer base and the expansion of our target markets. We are pleased to inform you that we are able to offer you a long term secure and stable employment. In order to be able to guarantee you the greatest possible protection during your application process, we digitally map out our entire recruiting and onboarding process.
Accordingly, we also support mobile working in times of the ongoing corona pandemic.
You have an impact on the following topics
You will have complete ownership of our AWS cloud architecture and drive innovation and adoption while balancing the cost and speed of implementation.
You will support a growing team of currently 50+ engineers, product managers and QAs with both reliable systems, automation skills, and AWS infrastructure knowledge to ship fast and sustainably.
- Further envision, architect, build and run all of our AWS infrastructures
- Improve the currently microservices deployment of our application stacks
- Work on AWS EKS and ECS deployments of Java, PHP stack applications
- Constantly work on proving and assessing cloud services, like Data Lakes, ML
- Consult on and drive DevOps practices
- Coach and teach software engineers about AWS architecture, new services, best-practices, etc.
- Drive AWS infrastructure innovation to enable fast and sustainable solutions for the engineering teams
With these skills you complete our team
- Minimum 2 years experience in setting up and running production systems on AWS
- Good knowledge of AWS EC2, EKS, RDS, Route53, S3, Cloudfront and other services
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration (AWS ECS or AWS EKS)
- Practical experience in scripting: Python, Bash or both.
- Configuration management experience (Terraform or CloudFormation)
- Hands on experience in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Excellent English communication skills (German not required)
- Ability to work closely with our engineering teams
This is what you can expect from Seven Senders
We are a fast growing and well established company and now, after six years on the market, we’ve expanded from being a Start-up to a global (player) and grown up company. Remaining a true start-up at heart - we are creative, dynamic, innovative and agile. What sets us apart is that we are at the forefront of latest trends, promoting continuous improvement and learning while our processes are optimized and occur automatically. We believe in international logistics. With employees from over 30 different nations, this is part of our DNA. Accordingly, our corporate language is English.
- A stable workplace in an established and fast growing market
- An unlimited/permanent employment contract in Germany
- Flexible working hours
- Alternative working models including part-time options
- Subsidy for company pension scheme (BAV)
- Full access to the 7S Academy portfolio with a wide range of trainings for all our employees
- Relocation support to Germany
- Language courses (German & English)
- A modern, digital workplace
- Access to "Corporate Benefits"
- Referral bonus program “Employees refer employees”
- Centrally located office (in the heart of Berlin)
- Large selection of free drinks and snacks
- Time out for (remote) team events (e.g. table tennis, kicker, teamlunch, hackdays)
We are looking forward to you and your application - Your Seven Senders People Team!