Seven Senders is the leading delivery platform to ship parcels. The company connects shippers with its carrier network of over 100 carriers in Europe, enabling them to use excellent local shipping as a competitive advantage. With additional delivery services such as Claims Center, Insurance, Return Portal and Labels, Seven Senders makes international shipping a simple matter. Automated shipping notifications, tracking and monitoring solutions ensure a transparent shipping process. Monthly reports and analyses enable data-based optimization of international shipping performance. Shippers receive everything from a single source and reduce complexity.
Our growing cross-functional tech teams consisting of product managers, software engineers, infrastructure and QA specialists, and other disciplines take complete ownership of key products and platform components.
Your role as Engineering Manager/ Teamlead (Java)
We are looking for a software engineering manager to work with a team of talented engineers in Berlin. You will be a key contributor and an advocate for the way we grow the team, optimize and refine our working processes, communicate with stakeholders, coaching and mentoring the team members, keep the team motivated and happy. You will work in a fast-paced, agile environment, collaborating on a daily basis with our engineering teams and product management.
Your work with us is to lead and shape an effective engineering team of 3-5 engineers.
The team builds the application which is deployed as a set of independent microservices that run on AWS. The preferred programming language is Java (Spring Boot) and the platform avails of AWS hosted. Kubernetes is used for automating the deployment, scaling, and management of the containerized Microservices.
- Strong Engineering background with at least 8 years in the industry
- Deep understanding of modern cloud architectures and distributed systems
- Experience leading software development teams and products through multiple releases
- Good leadership, people management and interpersonal skills
- Passion to coach others and share knowledge with your team
- Consistent track record of delivering high-quality software in a timely manner
- software engineering skills with competencies in design and architecture
- Ability to run and improve technical development processes
- In-depth experience with one or more of the following programming environments: Java (Spring Boot), Node.js.
- Lead a team of software engineers in implementing high-quality software including design, development, and deployment of new business functionality
- Interact with direct reports, customers, and peers to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Assist your team and Product Management in developing roadmaps for system and product growth, identify, plan and execute projects to support that growth
- Grow your team and team members by providing mentoring and coaching
- Encourage and support others to take on responsibility, build authority, and accountability
- Hiring, onboarding, mentoring, coaching, feedback, and career development of the engineering team.
- Working together with the team’s product manager to align technology solutions with the product vision.
Why Seven Senders:
- Flexible working hours
- Your work will drive the further growth of Seven Senders as Europe’s leading delivery platform
- Working with state-of-the-art technology
- Highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- Rapidly growing, multi-national team with long-term prospects
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker and rooftop terrace)
- Personal development and conferences budget
- Free in-house Academy for your professional development
- Relocation support
- The latest Hardware and OS
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas and great team events