Seven Senders is the leading delivery platform to ship parcels. The company connects shippers with its carrier network of over 100 carriers in Europe, enabling them to use excellent local shipping as a competitive advantage. With additional delivery services such as Claims Center, Insurance, Return Portal and Labels, Seven Senders makes international shipping a simple matter. Automated shipping notifications, tracking and monitoring solutions ensure a transparent shipping process. Monthly reports and analyses enable data-based optimization of international shipping performance. Shippers receive everything from a single source and reduce complexity.
Our growing cross-functional tech teams consisting of product managers, software engineers, infrastructure and QA specialists, and other disciplines take complete ownership of key products and platform components.
Your role as Backend Engineer (Java)
The Core Services team builds the fundamental services of our platform, that are in charge of all shipment data of millions of parcels. It's a set of microservices that are in charge of storing data from API, processing business logic, and interacting with other services.
Our microservice architecture is based on JHipster framework, Java 11, Spring 5 on Spring Boot 2, AWS services like SQS, managed MongoDB, Docker managed with AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service backed with Terraform, React with Redux on the frontend.
As a software engineer in the team, you will implement new key features as well as maintain existing ones together with your peers and deliver initiatives agreed in the quarterly planning. In this role, you will also collaborate heavily with product management, infrastructure teams, and our business intelligence team.
You will have ample opportunity to grow with the team and its exciting product mainly in the areas of analytics, data architecture with increasing volume as well as machine learning.
- 3+ years of professional experience with Java and Spring
- Hands-on experience in developing REST-APIs in a microservices setup
- Good knowledge of MongoDB (or any other NoSQL DB)
- Pragmatic drive with action bias and can-do attitude
- Good English communication skills both verbal and written (German not required)
- Passion for data-driven, data-heavy backend applications
Optional, but appreciated
- Hands-on experience running containers in production
- Experience with AWS
- Proven experience building distributed systems and big data architectures
- Deliver (code) pragmatic solutions to meet product goals
- Help drive technical architecture evolution with your team and your engineering manager
- Identify and implement innovative solutions with a strong focus on robust operations
- Take ownership - also in production (you build it - you run it)
- Ensure code quality and actively participate in code reviews
- Learn continuously and raise your level
- Get into new technologies and solutions fast, whatever is needed to do the job
Why Seven Senders?
- Flexible working hours
- Your work will drive the further growth of Seven Senders as Europe’s leading delivery platform
- Highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- Rapidly growing, multi-national team with long-term prospects
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker and rooftop terrace)
- Personal development and conferences budget
- Free in-house Academy for your professional development
- Relocation support to Germany
- The latest Hardware and OS
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas and great team events