Seven Senders is the leading delivery platform to ship parcels. The company connects shippers with its carrier network of over 100 carriers in Europe, enabling them to use excellent local shipping as a competitive advantage. With additional delivery services such as Claims Center, Insurance, Return Portal and Labels, Seven Senders makes international shipping a simple matter. Automated shipping notifications, tracking and monitoring solutions ensure a transparent shipping process. Monthly reports and analyses enable data-based optimization of international shipping performance. Shippers receive everything from a single source and reduce complexity.
Technology is the key enabler of our business model, ranging from transport management systems, analytics for shipment processes to track and trace solutions for customer parcels.
Our growing cross-functional tech teams consisting of product managers, software engineers, infrastructure and QA specialists, and other disciplines take complete ownership of key products and platform components.
The Seven Senders Data Hub is a vital part of our architecture that connects with a multitude of carriers and aggregates normalized shipment data for further consumption and advanced intelligence.
Our microservice architecture is based on JHipster framework, Java 8, Spring 5 on Spring Boot 2, AWS services like SQS, managed MongoDB, Docker managed with AWS Elastic Container Service backed with CloudFormation, React with Redux on the frontend.
As a senior engineer in the team, you will drive forward technical initiatives and architecture together with your peers and deliver initiatives agreed in the quarterly planning.
You will have ample opportunity to grow with the team and its exciting data product.
- 6+ years of professional experience with Java and Spring
- Hands-on experience in developing REST-APIs in a microservices setup
- Pragmatic drive with action bias and can-do attitude
- Good English communication skills both verbal and written (German not required)
- Passion for data-driven, data-heavy backend applications
Optional, but appreciated
- Hands-on experience running containers in production
- Experience with MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with frontend technologies like React, Redux, Typescript
- Deliver (code) pragmatic solutions to meet product goals
- Help drive technical architecture evolution with your team and your engineering manager
- Identify and implement innovative solutions with a strong focus on robust operations
- Take ownership - also in production (you build it - you run it)
- Ensure code quality and actively participate in code reviews
- Get into new technologies and solutions fast, whatever is needed to do the job
Why Seven Senders?
- A great learning journey for you from an experienced team.
- You will shape the platform to deliver millions of parcels across Europe
- A great product and a highly motivated and experienced team that wants to push boundaries
- Modern tech stack
- A rapidly growing, multi-national team with long-term prospects
- A lively startup atmosphere in the heart of Berlin (including kicker and rooftop terrace)
- Personal development and conferences budget
- In-house language courses for English and German
- Free inhouse Academy for your professional development
- Relocation support
- Free choice of hardware and OS
- Flexible working hours
- Other perks like free drinks, sweets, fruits, weekly tapas